Thursday, October 2, 2008
time & time again
It is amazing to me how much life can change in such a short amount of time. The last time I wrote a blog I was in the middle of a mini-crisis about my future. I had given up most hope about having a teaching job and I was embarking upon a year of what I thought would be discouraging and unchallenging. And then... in the matter of three days (from phonecall-application-interview) I had a job teaching grade 6 and grade 7 at a...Private. Christian. School.

GULP!

what?! Last year I distinctly remember saying how this would NOT be where I would be working; however, life is funny and so is God. I pretty much feel like God plucked me out of my pity-party-for-one and said "ok. try this!". It has basically been two weeks now and ain't it somethin'. Here are some things that make the whole thing funny:

1. It's a private Christian school.
2. It's in Spruce Grove and I have to drive there. Our car is standard. I had to learn. I am still learning, much to the chagrin of the person behind me.
3. It is Grade 6 and 7. I am an elementary person, like...Grade 2 is probably my favourite grade. I like reading corners, math manipulatives, show & tell and hugs. I don't get hugs, but I do get attitude.

ALTHOUGH!! I wrote in my previous post about reading "the willoughbys." On my first day of teaching I had some time to burn so I pulled it out. My Grade 7's groaned with exasperation that they would have to participate in something so juvenile as listening to a story. I started reading and at first they suppressed their chuckles, muffled their guffaws and hid their snickers; however, soon they could not hold it in anymore and I had outright laughter at the wit of this perilous parody. Now they BEG for it. Michelle:1. Class:0.
posted by michelle @ 6:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: michelle
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates