Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sir, come Cision.
Hello Friends,
Tomorrow is mini-Friday! whooya. Wednesday is my busiest day because I have zero preps which means I am with my Grade 7 class for FOUR CONSECUTIVE CLASSES. Usually I want to die by the end but it was a fairly pleasant day.

Let me recap: In religion we are talking about Joshua and today were doing a "chapter 1-6 review." Let me just say that though one may THINK religion will be the most "wholesome" of subjects at a christian school, that is not true at all.
Chapter Two: Rahab is a Prostitute
" Does everyone know what a prostitute is?"
giggles. faces hidden. nods.
Boy 1 : it's like a whore.
Me: Well, that is a slang word that is not very kind.
Boy 2: ohhhhh! so like a hooker?
Me: ugh. Another slang word.
Girl :some dress up as women but they are really men.
Me: ok. awesome. Let's get back on track.

...

Chapter Five: circumcision at Gilgal.
"Does everyone know what circumcision is?"
giggles. faces hidden. boys grab their crotches.
Boy 1: Let's just say it's when something gets cut off.
Boy 2: And then you can't have babies
Me: Uhh. Well no, something IS cut off but you can still have babies.
Boy 2: No, my dad had one so he couldn't have kids anymore. My mom made him and then they got divorced so he's really mad.
all kids look up in interest.
Me: DIFFERENT PROCEDURE. ok, uh. take out your Joshua crossword puzzles.

...

Later on in Social Studies a boy points at a picture of a knife depicting some artifacts the British traded with the Mi'kmaq people: "so is this what they used to circumcise them?"
Me: (sigh) I don't think the First Nations were really into circumcision.
boys huddle around picture of knife and rein act how bad the pain would be if they too were circumcised and (incidentally), circumcised by the knife of a Mi'kmaq tribe member.
pardon the pun.
posted by michelle @ 5:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: michelle
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates